Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamie 115Hp Saltwater 2006 Model URGENT HELP PLEASE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamie 115Hp Saltwater 2006 Model URGENT HELP PLEASE.

Yesterday i was driving my boat home, and my overheat alarm activated due to weed covering my inlet ports.

I allowed the motor to continue running, the alarm still sounding and reached back and removed all the weed,,,as this was occuring the motor slowly idled lower, more steam was evident, and the motor idled really rough,,,,over the next 1 min, then after this one minute the alarm extinguished, and i was able to continue on home, only, when i increased my revs above 2100, the tell tale water jet appeared to weaken in its pressure,

So, i decided to (LIMP) home on low revs, below 2100 and the tell tale water jet at this slower speed remained sufficient to not cause the alarm to come back on.

QUESTION: Could my brief extended use of the motor, (with the Over Heat Alarm is activating) have caused my impeller to be damaged due to the rise in motor temp?

Thanks for any advise...

Daniel, from Australia..

Yes it could have damaged water pump, may have grass in water jackets, thermostats or pressure control valve affecting water flow.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Probably a good time to drop the lower unit and replace the entire water pump(kit), inspect/replace thermostat, check it all out. then try to stay out of the weeds. good Luck!

Comment

weed will get you into trouble when you least expect it.

Make sure you check the housing real well also

Comment

Thanks to those who replied.

Does the engine begine to idle rough when the over heat alarm comes on, is that normal?

Comment

Working...
          X