slow speed at full trotle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow speed at full trotle

I went out this weekend with my 22' Mako with a 1998 Yamaha 200 salt water series, in full trotle would not go over 13 knots sometimes 15. What can be the problem I was told the fuel pump?

Check compression, check fuel filters for trash or water in gas, check to see if primer bulb sucks flat, may need to remove and clean carbs and check fuel pumps.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

slow speed at full trotle

Thanks for your prompt response I'll check it out this weekend ans let you know what it was

Comment

Originally posted by luisillo View Post
        I went out this weekend with my 22' Mako with a 1998 Yamaha 200 salt water series, in full trotle would not go over 13 knots sometimes 15. What can be the problem I was told the fuel pump?
        Has the boat sat for long? Fuel will go bad in as little as a month. Are you using any type of fuel stabilizer?

Runnning a heavy dose of "Seafoam" and or "Chevron Tectron" may help clean the carbs out if the fuel is old and not stabilized. Worse case scenerio, as stated above, pull carbs and clean them... The main and idle jets are probably varnished up and about closed...

A short cut that may work is draining the float bowls and adding straight Seafoam into each carb body and let it soak at least 24 hours.. You may luck out and it'll dissolve the deposites without pulling the carbs.

If the fuel is old and smells funky, get rid of it. It'll cause more problems...

Good luck...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

try to putt the new (used) propeller, maybe your slipping!
          if the engine in full rpm and u r not going more than 15mph, probably is problem in prop

Comment

Working...
          X