losing RPM's, and oil leaking???? 99 200 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing RPM's, and oil leaking???? 99 200 HP

I recently purchased this 99 200hp saltwater series. When I first give it throttle it hestitates before the rpm's pick up and then after it is up and running it gradually looses rpm's. By the time I got back I had the throttle almost fully enganged and only had about 3500 rpm's. I had it out the day before and was able to get to full rpm's (5400) without any issue. Oh and I recently replaced all the fuel lines from the tank all the way to the connection it makes to the engine, including a new fuel filter/gas seperator bofore the gas goes to the primer ball.Any ideas?

Second issue was when I got back to dock and tilted the engine up and out of the water their was oil in the water draining from the engine. It looked like a small oil slick behind the motor. I took the cover off and did not see any oil inside the top cowling at all. I did notice some oil on the the top/inside part of the lower unit.

Glenn,
    If I had to pick one item, it would be fuel pump(s) - I believe your model has two. If it has been at least five years since pumps have been replaced, I would do it.
    Also, if your motor is carbed and it has been at least three years since last carb overhaul, I would do it.
    Good luck,
    Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X