Remote Conversion for 2010 T9.9GPXH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Conversion for 2010 T9.9GPXH

Hello Yamaha Parts Gurus. I humbly ask your assistance in completing a worthy project.

I have two 2010 T9.9GPXH - electric start, power tilt, kill switch, shift and throttle all on the tiller arm. Choke is manual. The outboards are used on a catamaran project and my wife and I are getting tired of one of us running the engines from the center deck while the other steers from the ****pit. I have finally saved some money for the project and I would like to move at least the throttle and shift functions to a dual binnacle control. At the behest of my wife - who is very motivated to get this project done! :^) - a friend gave me an older model Volvo twin engine universal binnacle control. So if possible I'd like to use it.

I'm also open to idea of moving all functions up to the ****pit if that route is simpler to complete and the additional cost comparison isn't totally insane - two single controls or a dual?.

Please let me know how I would complete this project, parts needed, etc. If you need any additional information to answer the question, please let me know. I will respond straightaway.

Thank you!!

If you don't need remote start or steering then would just need a Remote conversion kit and 2 control cables per engine, number one in this diagram is remote kit 2006 and Later 4-stroke T9.9GPXH Yamaha Outboard REMO CON ATTACHMENT Diagram and Parts
    Cables are part number MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I see that the parts kit contains an external shift lever. The current shifter is located on the tiller bar and has a miniature shift cable running from inside the engine housing up the the tiller bar to a lever on the tiller bar. Should I remove the existing shift connection and install the external shift lever included in the kit or can I make use of the existing cable connection and just install a longer cable onto it?

Comment

Working...
      X