Major Engine Failer SX200TXRY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Engine Failer SX200TXRY

Engine ran funny time before last in that at full throttle lost power and engine was hunting. came home changed fuel filter drained high press fuel pump bowl (VST) checked for fuel restriction, all ok. Next time out engine has same symptoms and then develops internal engine noise. Towed in and back to the shop removed spark plugs and rotate engine by hand. Oh crap will not turn over 360'. Something has gone very wrong. I know I need major engine work done, but I am most concerned as to why. any tips on a cause would be great. seems like lack of lubrication. I have drained my VST and seems to have 2 stroke oil in the gas, Enough?? I guess I will know more when the heads come off. HELP!

I have saved fuel drained from VST I would like to have it tested for mixture. any one know a sorce to test fuel oil ratio

Comment

More than likely it is a problem with inline filter or screens on pump and injectors, they are very fine mesh and plug up and need to be cleaned or replaced from time to time with the fuels we have now a days.

The problem with the motor is probably melted piston or two due to lean fuel /air ratio (running too lean).
      Monitoring fuel pressure when you notice a problem and not running it until the problem is fixed is the way to keep from damaging motor.

Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
      X