2007 Yamaha 25hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yamaha 25hp

I took the boat out this morning. It ran fine until i was ready to come home. it would start and idle fine. When trying to give it gas and get up to speed, it would begin to spin up, but then bog down hard. it didnt die out, but would not accelerate. the more gas i gave it the slower it would run. i made it home and took a good look at the motor looking for anything wrong. All i found was that one of the clips on the fuel line running from the fuel pump to the upper carb was loose. It definitely did run like it was sucking air. i fired it up at home and it seems to run fine now.

So the question is, could it be that simple? Should i go look for anything else in particular that may have caused the issue.

I had fresh gas and all the proper additives, so i ruled that out.

Thanks in advance for any help

It sounds like a fuel problem, check fuel filters for trash or water in gas.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

25HP Yamaha

You could check the fuel pump for a pin hole in the diaphragm.That will cause raw fuel to be dumped into the crank case flooding the engine.But first I would take the carb apart clean and blow out all the jet and air passages with carb cleaner and compressed air.

Comment

I think i found it. There is a pin hole in the fuel line from the fuel pump to the upper carb. If you press on the line a slight bit, fuel runs out.

Now I just need to find a piece of fuel line to replace it and hopefully i will be good to go.

Thanks to those who replied.

Comment

A hole in the line after the fuel pump will not suck air it will let fuel leak out.
          you probably need to be looking for more problems

Comment

Working...
          X