Tilt Piston Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Piston Seals

Has anyone replace the seals for the tilt piston? Looking at the parts diagram it appears that in order to replace the dust seal for the tilt piston you have to buy the entire piston sub-assembly. I am just trying to fix a small amount of leakage and do not want to invest in the entire piston sub-assembly.

What is the year model, HP and Serial # on your engine? You are correct in that the seal in the large tilt piston is not available as an individual part. I had to buy an entire piston assembly just to get the seal. The repair manuals say it is a non-serviceable part. This means it is not designed to tear apart. I was able to completely take it apart and if the seal was available could have easily replaced it. Post your engine data and maybe someone has a part laying around and you can get out pretty cheap.

Comment

Dust seal does not seal the oil in, only the dust out.
      You may be looking for the wrong part

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The engines are 1996 200 HP saltwater series 2 stroke. You confirmed what I thought. For now I will rebuild the trim cylinders and see if that correct the leakage.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. At this time I will rebuild the trim cylinders to see if that was the only source of leakage. If not then I will proceed with the tilt piston.

Comment

Working...
          X