Aftermarket H20 pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket H20 pressure gauge?

Hey guys, I installed a Faria water pressure gauge on my 2004 Yamaha 50TLRC and I have the hose run back to the motor. Can someone tell me what I'll need to hook it up to the motor and where? The gauge I have came with 1/8mpt nipple and I understand the Yamaha has metris threads. Is there an adapter?

Thank You!

On a lot of engines the hose will be lying in the pan. Check on your engine where the shift shaft comes out of the top of your lower unit. Usually there will also be a rubber hose . Follow the hose up into the pan and connect this hose to the hose from the gauge with the nipple. Pretty simple so long as your engine is set up this way. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

Comment

In the drawing below are item 24 and 25 and apparently this is a plug in the water jacket. Does Yamaha have a nipple adapter to plug in it's place so I can hook up my water gauge?

2004 50TLRC Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Inducted View Post
        On a lot of engines the hose will be lying in the pan. Check on your engine where the shift shaft comes out of the top of your lower unit. Usually there will also be a rubber hose . Follow the hose up into the pan and connect this hose to the hose from the gauge with the nipple. Pretty simple so long as your engine is set up this way. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
        Are you talking about the speed pick up tube?
        He is talking about a water pressure gauge not speed

Comment

Did your gauge come as a kit? Were there a few brass fittings with it? I have Teleflex H20 Press. gauges and they came with all of the fittings. As far as the diagram, yes you remove the plug on the head and add a fitting with a hose barb. Run the hose from the fitting to the gauge and your done. Make sure that you secure it with zip ties so that you dont have water spraying all over your inside your cowling or console.
          Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
          Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

OOPS. Wrong advice on my part. sorry

Comment

Yamaha makes an adapter, MAR-WPRES-AD-TR W/P port Adapter
              50-90 WaterPressure Port.JPG
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks Boat.net. Ordered and installed. Gonna take it out tomorrow and run it.

Comment

Working...
                X