Command Link PLUS and NMEA 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link PLUS and NMEA 2000

I know you can hook up the old Yamaha Command Link (CL) system to NMEA 2000 without going thru a Yamaha Gateway by using the Maretron cable.

Does anyone know if the Maretron cable will work with the new Command Link Plus (CLP) network or do you have to go thru a Yamaha Gateway to get engine data onto N2K?

I ask because I'm not showing engine data on my Garmin 5208 but did have it before switching to the CLP (is it me or is it Yamaha?). If you have to go thru a Yamaha Gateway from the CLP Hub to get engine data to N2K, can you instead run two Yamaha Hubs, one CLP for the CLP Display and one CL to connect to the N2K network? (The CLP DEC harness has two plugs, one for CL and another for CLP that connect to the Yamaha Hub.)

Not familiar with using the Maretron cable but If you have the Yamaha CLP display unit then would need to connect a pigtail bus wire from the four prong(Display uses 6 prong connector) connector on CLP control box and to device port of hub(if twin engines then would need two pigtail bus wires)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks boats.net.

Comment

Working...
      X