winterize f-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterize f-150

i have a f-150, 2008,when i winterize the engine, i spray fogging oil into the air in takes.there looks like there is a air filter at the edge of the air intake.should i remove this filter before spraying or spray thru the filter.
    thanks in advance for any replies.

No there is no air filter but the best way to fog the four strokes is to remove spark plugs and put about an ounce of fogging oil in each cylinder, reinstall plugs, pull landyard cord so engine will not start and spin engine with starter a couple of times to get oil around rings.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

so what you are saying is: there is no need to spray fogging oil in the intake while the motor is running and stop spraying when the motor almost stalls out ?? just to put oil in the spark plugs and crank it a couple of times ? what about the water separator filter, should this be replaced for the winter or in the spring ? I live in the northeast and this is my first winter with a 90 four stroke
      thanx

Comment

i change the oil filters in the fall,fuel in the spring.i was told by yamaha tech support ,you dont have the spray oil into the air intakes.
        thanks again for your replies.

Comment

You spray the fogging oil into the intakes on 2 stroke motors to protect the crankshaft, rod and crank bearings...for 4 strokes spray into spark plug holes. I just unscrew, dump, replace my fuel/water seperator canister...just replaced it after 3 years...cut the old one open with hack saw just to see what was in it...not much, just a few particles, few drops of water...but that's all it takes to screw up a carb or injector, so time and money well spent! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X