Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I bought a new Yamaha F70LA 4 stoke outboard from a Yamaha dealer and I'm a very unsatisfied customer because of the following:
    1. I confronted them about the extended warranty offer upfront and I had to fax them a copy because I don't think they even knew about it or didn't want to.
    2. They delayed the outboard install on my boat but promised I would get the extended warranty. I tried for two months to get the outboard registered from the dealer without success. I had to call Yamaha direct to get it registered, but they would not provide the extended warranty because it was past the date. This really upset me because a few weeks later they offered even a longer extended warranty.
    3. When I picked up my boat the mechanic said to push the switch to operate the choke on a fuel injected motor. It's sad when the customer has more knowledge about the motor than the dealer.
    4. Once I had enough time on the motor I ran it full throttle and it was below the rpm range by 200 rpm's. I had to explain to the dealer why they needed to exchange the prop for a lower pitch one. They said the one they put on was the one Yamaha suggested. I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!
    5. It's sad when you had a Suzuki for 26 yrs with no issues and you buy a new Yamaha and the tilt and trim don't work properly. Not so bad if you didn't have to wait two months to get it registered to get it repaired on warranty!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I bought this outboard was it is lighter than the Suzuki.

Can anyone tell me who to write at Yamaha about my issues?

I'm tired of broken promises and mainly getting ripped off.

Find a new dealer. There is no Yamaha "suggested prop", the correct prop is determined by water testing to allow the correct RPM for the application. I see you have a duplicate post about your prop, and yes, a 15P aluminum is available.

To help you more details about your rig would be helpfull. What is the exact problem with the trim?

I'm confused about the warranty issue, you say Yamaha refused than offered a longer warranty?

Go to the Yamaha website for whatever country you are in and you will have no difficulty getting some contact numbers.

Of course, although you should have the basic warranty that will cover the trim issue you need to find a dealer you can work with.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Working...
    X