Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F4 MSHZ Starting Problem

Greeting all,

Previously my F4 ran great and has always started right up within 2-3 pulls. Now, all of a sudden it will not start. I have the manual and began diagnosis. The fuel is new and clean. The spark plug is new and gapped properly. Test for spark: Negative (no spark). Check and reset air gap of TCI unit: Still no spark. In testing the stop switch, I disconnected (unplugged) the white wire that comes from the stop switch and goes to the TCI unit: The engine fire rights up on the first pull. Now, I think that I have solved the problem so I ordered a new stop stop switch assembly from boats.net. Today I installed the new stop switch and I have the exact same problem. When everything is connected properly and the lanyard clip is attached to the stop switch, the engine will not start. If I dissconect the white wire as I did in the previous test, the engine fires right up on the first pull. What have I overlooked or what else could it be? Any ideas would be appreciated. It has to be something simple. Thanks very much in advance.
    Ron

Must still be problem with switch, it's a simple on and off switch. With landyard cord attached there should be no continuity between white and black wires at switch(open circuit), with landyard cord disconnected(or stop button pressed in) should be continuity between white and black wires at switch(closed circuit).
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X