Grease Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Fittings

There manual indicates that the engine cover clamps should be greased periodically. The fittings are not zerk grease fittings. Does anyone know what kind of fittings they are and what kind on grease fitting adapter is need?

there are no fittings just put some marine wheel bearing grease on your finger and coat the the clamps that hold the cowling in place,

Comment

Originally posted by bailey05 View Post
      There manual indicates that the engine cover clamps should be greased periodically. The fittings are not zerk grease fittings. Does anyone know what kind of fittings they are and what kind on grease fitting adapter is need?
      The little nipple has a hole in it to get grease to the shaft, so I always just hold a grease gun down on the nipple and pump to try to get some lub into it.
      Does not hurt to pull the shaft out and clean up and grease it up if it starts getting stiff.

Comment

A little trick I use for lubricating places like those latches: In my pump-type oil can I mix 30wt. motor oil with some of that thick STP type oil additive making a viscous, sticky, yet flowable lubricant for all kinds of applications, especially on the boat and motor....pretty good stuff!

Comment

You could always get one of these B6783 Needle Nose Adapter from alemite if you have the same grease fitting as 99yam40 has.

Comment

Working...
          X