Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim fluid for Yamaha F150

Hello,
    I have a 2006 Yamaha F150 that the power trim is making a strange noise. Only happens when the motor is moving forward and I am timing the motor down. Someone on this forum had said the noise could be caused by the trim fluid being low. My owners manual does not address how to add fluid or what type of fluid to use. Can someone walk me through how to check the fluid level and how much I should add? Also, what type of fluid should I use?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Charlie

Dexron 11 Automatic Transmission Fluid is specified in the Yamaha Manual. There is a procedure for adding fluid and bleeding air from the system but I've never had to do it, so I'll defer to some of the guys on here with that specific experience. Good Luck!

Comment

Tilt engine all the way up, remove plastic cap on Power trim unit oil reservoir and add oil until it's level full. Use Yamaha Power Trim Fluid or Dextron II ATF.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by ccm71115 View Post
        Hello,
        I have a 2006 Yamaha F150 that the power trim is making a strange noise. Only happens when the motor is moving forward and I am timing the motor down. Someone on this forum had said the noise could be caused by the trim fluid being low. My owners manual does not address how to add fluid or what type of fluid to use. Can someone walk me through how to check the fluid level and how much I should add? Also, what type of fluid should I use?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Charlie
        Just my thoughts, If it was low it would make it all the time not just under way in forward while trimming down. maybe just need to add a little grease to rub points in trim rams

Comment

Working...
        X