removing trim tilt yamaha 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing trim tilt yamaha 200

I got the cylinder main pin out and all bolts are out. The unit is free but I can't get it past the mounting bracket it was screwed too. It seems the motor makes it larger than the bracket opening. Do you have to take the motor off or is their a trick to removing the unit.

Either have to take motor off boat or loosen one transom bracket and slide over enough to get trim unit out, the motor will have to be support by a hoist to slide bracket over as there wont be but two bolts left to hold motor on boat.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Not sure what year your motor is, but on my 97 225hp I undid all the bolts etc, then had to lift the trim unit up a bit before pulling it back and twisting it out. While someone was lifting the motor up a bit off safety brackets. Oh, I also left the unit wired up, and once it was all unbolted etc, I lowered the tilt ram, helped with clearance angling it out. (obviously remove wiring before pulling out) The first time I attempted it, I spent about 15minutes struggling and cursing at it and couldn't get it out. Took a break, tried again and had it out in about 20 seconds!
      1997 Yamaha 225hp Saltwater Series II.
      From Auckland, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
      X