No announcement yet.

No Start in Baja-Yamaha F60 200 (hrs.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start in Baja-Yamaha F60 200 (hrs.)

Here is where I stand at this point. Returned to my home on the east cape in Baja MX for the fall fishing. The boat has been stored in the garage after fogging, fuel stabilizer, filters/oil changed etc. in April. Went through annual prep before putting the boat in the water. Attached water "ears", primed fuel, connected battery and turned it over. It turn over 3 revolutions and stopped...wouldn't turn over again. Checked battery which was a little low, so charged to full and tried again. Nothing. Checked battery connections, fuses, cleaned all electrical connections from battery.

Turning the key doesn't even cycle the fuel pump, or click the starter...nothing, just dead (the fuel gauge works, but not the Yamaha combo tach). Double checked all the fuses on the front of the engine and starter relay...everything clean and good. Even the power tilt switch won't work, which did before moving the boat outside. The battery is fully charged. There is power at the main wire on the starter.

Suggestions and help much appreciated.

Check for 12 volts or more at battery, check voltage at battery cable connections on engine(should be battery voltage), check main relay on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK, 12.6 at the battery, then 12.6 at the cable end detached from the starter. However, only 9.6 when connected to the starter. Checked all fuses on front top of engine, and starter fuse on side...all are good.

Not sure of where the main relay is, maybe you could send me the schematic pic for reference.

Comment

Number 1 in this diagram is main relay, 2006 and Later 4-stroke F60TLR Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts
        If you have 9.6 volts at starter when ignition key is in start position then have bad battery or bad battery cables.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Number 1 in this diagram is main relay, 2006 and Later 4-stroke F60TLR Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts
          If you have 9.6 volts at starter when ignition key is in start position then have bad battery or bad battery cables.
          You are right on!! Had cleaned the ends of the cables and posts, but found a surprise in the too long positive cable that lays behind the battery. It had a small split that had allowed the inside cable to corrode. You guys are great and I will continue to get all my parts and the best advise. 50 pesos solved the problem ($4). Best to ya, Gary

Comment

Working...
          X