2004 26 hp lower unit diagrams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 26 hp lower unit diagrams?

i have a t25 2004 , and need to know if there are special tools to remove the seals in the shaft and shifter rod holes.also need to see how the shifter rod and shaft is disconnnected from the upper section.this motor is a t25 and is alittle different form regular.
    tnx appriciate any help.
    mudjon09

You have to separate the union nut on shift shaft to separate upper and lower shift shaft in order to get lower unit off. Shift shaft seal can be replaced without special tools.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

lower seals?

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      You have to separate the union nut on shift shaft to separate upper and lower shift shaft in order to get lower unit off. Shift shaft seal can be replaced without special tools.
      do you have to remove aseal on the upper portion or is there only one seal on the end of the drive shaft as it enters the lower unit at the pump area?
      i have a 8 hp 2 strk 2004 also and as i remember thats the setup on it. tnx for help.
      mudjon09

Comment

Not sure what you are asking but number 32 in this diagram is the shift shaft seal and number 24 are the drive shaft seals in gearcase.
        2004 T25TLRC Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X