Chart plotter for f-250 function display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart plotter for f-250 function display

I need your help picking out the best plotter for displaying my f-250 functions. I know it has to be NEMA 2000 capable to use the command link harness. Any recomendations?like to get by with 1,200.

If you go to store that has them set up on simulators like a Bass Pro, West Marine or Dealership, then you can compare them to see which one would work best for you.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, is it possible to convert the command Link signal to namer 2000 then use a multifunction display unit for all engine functions in one device? Thanks again. Mike

Comment

The F250 will need to be a 2006 or newer model to be Command Link compatable. You will Command Link network installed(unless GPS unit you purchase has adapter to connect direct to Yamaha engine) and connect a Gateway model to CL hub in order send engine data to a NMEA 2000 network.
        If your motor is a F250XCA or F250UCA model then the Yamaha color Display unit will work on it and display all engine data on one unit.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Motor is an 2006 txrd. I'm also considering using a multi-function display for engine functions and keeping my gamin 540 plotter. Not sure what functions I can get that way. Any ideas? Thx again for the help.

Comment

The Yamaha Command Link Plus color display wont work on your model motor. You can use Command Link Square or Round gauges that will display engine data.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, but I should be able to use any other n2k display or plotter for engine data. Right?

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough, model number F250TXRD is a 2005 model year motor and not Command Link compatable, the 2006 and newer models end in TXR(no "D" or any other letter on end) which are the first models Command Link and NMEA 2000 compatable.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

So my motor is not n2k compatible?

Comment

No only the 2006 model year(manufactured date 2005 or newer) and newer motors are NMEA 2000 compatable.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Feeling stupid that I didn't that. Do I have any options for a single display for motor functions? Thanks fornyour help. Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X