2005 300 HPDI's ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 300 HPDI's ????

Hi, I'm considering a boat with these engines. Does anybody have experience with these motors post recall updates? Please share!
    Thanks, Fred

You can give the serial numbers to a dealer and they can check for any updates are needed for them.
    Best to have compression test run, fuel system tested, and lower unit checked before you buy, helps to get a diagnostic download to see how many hours are on them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

boats.net- What have your heard????

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      You can give the serial numbers to a dealer and they can check for any updates are needed for them.
      Best to have compression test run, fuel system tested, and lower unit checked before you buy, helps to get a diagnostic download to see how many hours are on them.
      Hi boats.net, Thanks for the reply and info. I have had the serial numbers run and the 07 recall was not done and will be done now by dealer. If I search google on the 300HPDI's they get a bad rap on forums, I guess caused by the earlier problems with the oil pumps. I can't find on the net anyone with comments of there experiences with the updated parts on these motors in current use!? Have you heard any feedback on the 05 300 hpdi that have been in use the past 6 years?
      I have spoken to 3 mechanic's from Va. to NC that say they are good engines but wish to hear experiences from actual users. Again what has been observations??
      Thanks,
      Fred
      Hoping to purchase a 05 290 Wellcraft Coastal with Yam 300 HPDI

Comment

Since we did the oil pump updates we haven't had any more trouble with them, they use a lot of oil but are good on gas.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I own a 04 300 HPDI, have 150 hours and no problems. Fuel filters replacement are a little costly.....

Comment

How do you determine the oil ratio?

Hi, I noticed a lot of owners refer to keep their oil ratio to 50-1. Is there a way to keep track of this and how do you do it? Thanks and I appreciated your reply. The negative people on these engines are the ones who post their gripes. Glad to hear from a positive. Fred

Comment

Hey Fred, I don't monitor my oil usage. I just add when needed. I have noticed on average, burning about 30 gallons of fuel I will add about 1 gallon to my tank. I don't find that my motor burns alot of oil. I use and suggest you use ring free additive or seafoam every time you add gas.....Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X