Feul injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feul injection

I have a 2004 F150TXRC Yamaha outboard it puttered and stalled out on the waterway. I seems to not be getting any fuel to the injectors. I disconnected the fuel line at the top of the fuel rail and turned the key. Fuel did pump pretty fast from this line. I cleaned the throttle body with some injector cleaner and the engine starts for just a few seconds until the cleaner in burn't off but it just will not start otherwise. why will it fire up with the cleaner and not normally. It seems to me that the cleaner is making its way past the injectors. what do I check or replace at this point???:
    Thanks
    Troy

When you spray into the throttle body it's going around the injectors, not through them, so you have a fuel delivery problem, pumps, filters, injectors. I'm no expert, but I'd start out looking at any filters upstream of the injectors first, then fuel pumps and pressures. Do you have access to a Repair Manual for your motor?...it would be a big help to troubleshoot/repair your motor. Good Luck!

Comment

When you say it 'does not start" do you mean it won't fire up or it won't turn at all. The latter condition is likely electrical. These things need around 12.5 to 13 volts to start and at least 13 to keep the fuel pumps going. Finding that out on mine.

Comment

Working...
      X