Command Link Plus multi-function display wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Plus multi-function display wiring

Command Link Plus Multi-function color display to a single 4.2 offshore. The instructions I've been able to locate are not very good but it appears to require a network Hub. ???

Is it possible to connect it without a multi port Hub.

Will a sngle hub work - "Single hub (Inline hub) 6Y8-81920-11 Included ending resistor"

Is it possible to read tank level data without the multi Hub?

Dealer sent me a long cable to reach the engine but I'm 99% sure this is not required since the digital data is already carried to the Helm through the main harness.

I've seen the instructions for installing multi function gauges but the only thing I've seen for the command link plus setup is an all out "full blown network".

Thanks

You will need to buy the Display installation kit(MAR-CLPDI-KT-00) along with Display unit(MAR-CLPDU-KT-00) and if this a mechanical shift model engine then would also need a main bus wire, pigtail bus wire and inline hub to install between engine CL connector and multi hub at display unit.
    Would help to know what model motor you have, gauge system currently have and length of harness needed to go between console and transom of boat to tell what parts are needed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I wasn't aware of any mechanical shift 4.2 offshores.
      Engine is an F250XCA, control is a 6X6-48205-41-00
      I have the (MAR-CLPDI-KT-00) display kit.

The problem is that I cannot plug in the display and the only way I see to do it requires a network hub which I do not have.
      I also have no way to plug in the fuel tank sender.

Thanks for your time and help. I sincerely appreciate it.
      Last edited by FOURCED300; 10-08-2011, 01:17 PM. Reason: Removed goofy talking icon

Comment

What instruments do you have currently have hooked up to the engine?

There are two ports on the back of the CL Plus display, one for GPS and one for tank level sensors.

The Tank Wire is part # 6Y9-8356N-10.

Comment

All of the original instruments are removed and laying on the work bench.

Comment

I don't think you can use an inline single hub due to not being able to supply power to the network.

Assuming you have CL Plus controls and key switch, you would need the following as per YAMAHA Rigging Guide to hook up the display:

Conversion harness, 6Y9-83553-00, goes between control (DEC) harness and Main Bus wire below

Main buss wire, 6Y8-82553-XX (XX defines length), goes between Conversion wire above and the multi hub

Multi-hub, 6Y8-81920-01

Pigtail bus wire, 6Y8-82521-xx, goes between hub and conversion harness below

Conversion harness #4, 6Y9-83553-40, goes between pigtail above and the display, should be included with the gauge kit

To complete your network you will also need the Ending Resistor cap, 6Y8-85371-01 (included with Multi Hub), 2-white 4P Sealing caps, 6Y8-82582-11 and a System Power Supply Wire, 6Y8-83553-01, goes between key switch connector and hub.

And to give you my opinion on your original questions:

appears to require a network Hub. ???, YES

Is it possible to connect it without a multi port Hub., NO

Will a sngle hub work - "Single hub (Inline hub) 6Y8-81920-11 Included ending resistor", NO

Is it possible to read tank level data without the multi Hub?, NO, SEE ABOVE, YOU ALSO NEED TANK WIRE

digital data is already carried to the Helm through the main harness., YES

I've seen the instructions for installing multi function gauges but the only thing I've seen for the command link plus setup is an all out "full blown network"., YES, YOU NEED TO RIG UP A NETWORK, BUT IT IS A SIMPLE ONE

Comment

Thanks TMANN45, You ARE The MANN!

I will report back on how this all works out.

I'm waiting on a call back from the dealer who I purchased this from but clearly he has a couple of issues:
              A. He already got my money so I am far less important to him than before.
              B. He is somewhat clueless on this network stuff and I can somewhat understand that.

This forum is great and thanks a million to those who contribute time and knowledge!

Comment

Working...
              X