1998 F25 Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 F25 Questions.

Hi, I have a four stroke F25 which runs like a dream but,the oil pressure warning led does not work.I've tried connecting up a voltmeter and turning the ignition on to check that it's getting power or if the switch is faulty but nothing.I only get voltage at the switch when the engine is running, but not at the LED .Surely with just the ignition on , there should be voltage getting to the warning light .Not sure how this works on my motor.Don't really want to fork out £38 for a new LED only to find that the original is not faulty.Anyone know where i can pick up a wiring diagram for my motor,

Second question. The timing belt looks as if it needs replacing. Seems simple enough as there is no tensioner.Is it just a case of removing the flywheel,making marks on the cam wheel, and crank wheel and then sliding off the old and on the new belt, or are there any pitfalls?

Thanks in adavance

Jeff

The oil pressure light wont come on unless low pressure warning is activated which is con*****ed by oil pressure switch and CDI unit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      The oil pressure light wont come on unless low pressure warning is activated which is con*****ed by oil pressure switch and CDI unit.
      Ah, just to clarify as the handbook is 'pants'-when you switch the ignition on before starting,the oil pressure light will not come on.? I take it there's no way of testing if it's working then?Similarly for the overheating buzzer?

Comment

No the oil light wont come when turn key on.
        There is no easy way of testing low oil pressure warning without taking it to a dealer.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that, you've probably saved me a lot of dosh.

Comment

Working...
          X