No announcement yet.

Yamaha F115 Hiccups at high RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't follow your question. The fuse holder is directly connected to the battery. There is always voltage at it whether or not I turn the key. If you are looking for a voltage drop across the fuse when I turn the key on, then its too late to make that measurement. I may have been a little too anxious and I've replaced the fuse holder already.

I don't think this fuse is in the ignition switch circuit because I hear the fuel pump run when I turn the key with the fuse removed.

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to follow the wire through the bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by NCSkeeter View Post
      I don't follow your question. The fuse holder is directly connected to the battery. There is always voltage at it whether or not I turn the key. If you are looking for a voltage drop across the fuse when I turn the key on, then its too late to make that measurement. I may have been a little too anxious and I've replaced the fuse holder already.

I don't think this fuse is in the ignition switch circuit because I hear the fuel pump run when I turn the key with the fuse removed.

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to follow the wire through the bundle.
      I didn't realize it was wired direct to the battery. It may very well go up to the ignition switch causing a bad connection/low voltage, etc, especially if it doesn't go to the boat lights/pump, etc...

I know on my 150 there's always power to console gauge to keep the time on the Yamaha clock (built in the gauge).

Hopefully its your problem...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The corroded fuse I found is definitely NOT related to my engine problem. I determined that it provided power to the float switch for the bilge pump. I had forgotten that power to the bilge pump is OR'ed together form two sources ie either the switch at the dash or the float switch will turn it on.

I am going to hook up some test wires to the motor so that I can monitor voltage while underway. I want to start by looking at the input, output, and control input of the main relay.

Can anyone provide a picture of the location of the main relay and which terminal is the control input to the relay?

Comment

F115

I've got a Yamaha manual for an F150 (which isn't a 115) but some of the componants may be the same/similar/same set up. PM with an e-mail address if you need it, it may help...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X