FT50 Power trim and tilt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT50 Power trim and tilt problem

I have a RIB with 2x50HP four strokes. The port motor trims without any problems however the starboard motor trim up and down does not function. You can clearly hear the relay switching in both positions up or down.

I have disconnected the green and blue wires from the relay and would like to test the motor to see if it is faulty. How do I proceed to test using a 12V direct from the battery? I am not sure if I can put 12 V pos and neg across these wires and then reverse polarity or do you need to connect neg to earth on motor and then 12V+ to green to test and then to blue to test?

Please advise anyone.

Use the green and blue direct to battery, no case ground req'd.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Trim and tilt

Some feedback: I found that the trim motor was faulty so took boat to dealer for repair. They found that the trim motor housing was cracked thus allowing sea water to seep in slowly and eventually corrosion caused motor to fail. This crack was caused by the person who installed the motors as you can clearly see the toolmark on the housing from a slipped spanner when installing the trim assy. They replaced under warranty.

This housing is plastic!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X