Is there a safe mode w/out alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a safe mode w/out alarm?

I have a Yamaha 115, 2 stroke. Over the summer I had a problem where I would only hit about 3200 to 3400 rpm and figured it was a fuel issue (posted on it back then). I replaced the fuel pump which seemed to fix the problem. I had a little hiccup coming in to the ramp the other day but not enough time to go back and troubleshoot. Ran fine when I put in last time. I was discussing this and it was suggested that the flow could be restricted in the water jackets causing the engine to back off. I thought there would be an alarm if in safe mode. Is there any sort of safe/limp mode that would just back off the rpm only to this level without an alarm. Didn't seem like an overheating issue to me but thought I'd put it out there for discussion.
    The only reason this makes sense is because the motor idles fine and runs fine, but was just hitting a wall at 3200 and not all the time, so don't think it is a carb issue and fuel obstruction made the most sense unless there was some safety mode for "minor" overheating.

No, you have other problems as the safe mode limits RPM to 2000 and sets alarm at the same time

Comment

Working...
    X