Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OX66 O2 sensor, TPS tests...good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 O2 sensor, TPS tests...good or bad?

2002 VX225TLRA

OX66 O2 sensor, TPS tests...good or bad?

I adjusted and sync'd the throttle valves.

I then tested the TPS with the #1 throttle valve disconnected asper the Yammie manual.

The initial TPS voltage was .47 volts.

I adjusted the TPS to .50 volts.

If I manually advance the #1 throttle valve to WOT it get 4.19 volts.

Additionally I hear a buzzing from the TPS from 1/3 to maybe 1/2 WOT.

When I connect all of the throttle valves together, at idle I get a reading of .55 volts. Note; I have yet to start the engine and adjust the idle. So, I am not sure if the .55 volts is a valid number. I just adjusted the throttle linkage to the number of turns found prior to the throttle vales sync and adjustment.

So my TPS questions are:

Is the buzzing from the TPS normal?

Is 4.19 volts at WOT within specs?

I assume once I adjust the idle rpm, I might end up with a number other than .55 volts from the TPS with all of the throttle valve connect to one another?

------------------------------
    O2 sensor cold test

Engine cold

I tested the O2 heater resistance and got 4.5 ohm. The manual states if not 100 ohm the O2 sensor is bad.

O2 sensor voltage test. I got a reading of 0.123 volts.

I have the O2 sensor test harness on order and will perform Rodbolts' test once the test harness is in hand.

O2 sensor questions:

Can I assume that the sensor is bad because to the O2 heating element resistance is 4.5 ohm not 100 ohm the O@ sensor volts is within tolerence? If the heater element is bad would there be a bad O2 sensor reading sent to the CDI?

Never heard a buzzing noise from TPS, thats not normal but the rest of specs you posted are normal.
    The O2 sensor needs to be voltage tested once you recieve test harness to tell for sure if bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Lake, where you getting the test harness? I have one for the TPS, apparently they're different.
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
      X