1991 200 HP TXRP Oil Tank Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 200 HP TXRP Oil Tank Question

Hello, I have a question that I researched here on the Forums and have not found an answer. I recently removed the console from my Whaler and I removed the oil tank that is located underneath. I disconnected the oil hose that goes from the console tank to the engine oil tank. My question is when I reinstall the tank and reconnect the oil line do I need to reprime or purge this line? Or will it take care of itself pumping oil to the engine tank? Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get!

As long as you didn't disconnect oil lines from the electric oil pump itself it should reprime itself.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply! The tank itself was empty and I found a damaged oil line also under the floor when I removed it.

Comment

I'd test on a remote tank of premix after you make all the repairs and check that you're getting oil up to the motor.
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Could I possibly just mix the oil and gas myself in the new gas tank with out using the oil tank and the one on side of the motor and just remove altogether? Is there any special things I would need to do? Thanks!

Comment

Not sure how the '91's are set up but I've always disconnect the oilers. Need to remove the pump, pull the drive gear out with needle nose. PM boats.net for the p/n for the block off plate, gasket, & screws. Remove the remote tank, keep the sender and zip tie the float up to think it's full of oil. Remove the remote tank, disconnect pump, zip tie the float on the sending. Need to remove the feed lines to the carbs and plug with vacuum line plugs from Advance Auto.
            1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
            1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Finally got everything hooked back up today and when I turned the key on I heard the oil pump in the remote tank humming. After a about 10 seconds it changed tune and I watched my oil tank on my engine get filled then it cut off. What a relief! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X