water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump

It's not broke but I'm fixing it. I have an 01 SX150txrz, bought it in Mar '11, I have gone through about everything but replacing the water pump. It pees fine but I don't know when it was last changed. Is there any shortcuts or important tips that I should know from you veterans before I attempt to do this. I am travelling to my house in FL next week and wish to do this and still have plenty of boating time and no down time due to me screwing up something. Murphy always is around. Thanks in advance...

water pump

Go to Utube, enter replace Yamaha water pump in the search box and you will find several showing just how to do it. Piece of cake. Order the parts using the year, model etc. from your motor.

Comment

Thanks, I will check them out

Comment

Check: SIMYamaha Andy's Tips for good instructions with photos. Replace the entire kit, not just the impellar. A pair of 2"x4"s screwed into top of your workbench about 4" apart and hanging out about 18" makes a great place to set your lower unit while working on it. Use wire brush and 3M Scrubber Pad to clean and polish all splines, driveshaft, bolt threads,etc. I used that Quicksilver 2-4-C Waterproof Grease for splines, bolts, re-assembly...some pretty serious waterproof grease! About a 2 hour job, taking your time!

Comment

Working...
        X