Tilt Trim Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Trim Problem

There probably is a post for this but a search gives me hundreds of posts I don't have the time to read. I have a 60tlrc 04, about the time the warranty had expired, I noticed that the motor would not stay up unless I used the lock. The motor will slowly but surely go back down if lock is not used. Any suggestions?

check emergency screw is tight on right hand side

Comment

Thanks, but the screw is tight, I was told that there is an o ring that might go bad on the screw. I also was told that it's probably a metal shaving from the factory and it finally found a home on an o ring and is causing it to loose pressure. My friend has the same motor bought from the same dealer. I just wonder how many people are experiencing this problem. I called yamaha and they asked if the tilt and trim worked and I told them that it did. They said it's not a problem and just use the lock.

Comment

It should stay up indefinitely as trimmed, when underway or on the trailer.
        Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
        16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Of course it should but Yamaha said it wasn't a problem if the tilt and trim worked fine. ???

Comment

Originally posted by PineIslandFL View Post
            Of course it should but Yamaha said it wasn't a problem if the tilt and trim worked fine. ???
            Sounds like an o-ring failed in the unit itself allowing it to bleed out (inside the unit) and not hold pressure. The pump obviously works, IT just doesn't hold pressure. About the only to repair it is to disassemble it / clean and replace the seals.

Looking at my shop manual for my F150, about the only special tool you'll need is to remove the outer cap (should have 4 small holes drilled in the top for the tool to grab).

If you have a shop manual for your engine would be a big help or at least look at a parts diagram for the cylinder. It'll show the seals and how its assembled.
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-09-2011, 05:04 AM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X