Repaired crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repaired crack

I have recently bought an F100AET with 220 hours, i have just noticed repaired damage on the lower casing just below the plastic casing on the forward side of the engine. It caught my attention when I saw a small amount of water weeping from it. I have attached a photo below and would appreciate some advice as I am new to this. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Will91454; 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM.

It's a little hard to tell from the photo if it's a crack caused by corrosion or vibration or whatever. Can you remove your upper cowling and look down and see better what happened? If it's the lower, aluminum cowling maybe you could clean it up with a wire brush and patch/seal it with JB Weld or similar. I believe the power head would have to be removed to replace that lower cowling, which could be pretty expensive with parts and labor! Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

Comment

Robert many thanks for your advice, seems it was a small hole that was patched with epoxy and needs redone, I have ordered some JB Marine two part, again many thanks for your expertise.

Comment

Working...
      X