Yamaha Wiring Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Wiring Questions

1999 200hp 2 Stroke SW Series II carbed. Everything seems to be working fine but I have a few questions.

1. I have installed a new key switch and it appears to be doing what it is supposed to do but I was wondering if the buzzer should test buzz when I turn the key switch on? Most all engines I have had would do this.

2. I have an analog Yamaha tach that is working but I am not sure what is supposed to plug into it to operate the oil lights at the bottom of the tach. There are 3 sets of wires going into a plug. What feeds to this plug?

3. Using the override oil switch I pumped oil into the reservoir today before cranking it. Oil pump at the tank did its job. Is there an easy way to test this pump to ensure it will pump on it's own?

4. Is there a way to test the oil alarm buzzer?

5. On the starboard side of the engine, with the cowling removed, at the bottom next to the Main wiring harness plug there are two plugs. One has a green and a green w/red stripe on the plug. The other has 4 wires black, orange, pink, and grey. These are not connected, but the plugs match up. Are these duplicates for a different set up that my Main wiring harness is taking care of? I have an additional wiring harness with the opposite matched plugs on the end but have no idea where it would go.

I can provide pics if necessary of any components.

switch wont buzz but to test pull lanyard with key on
    to test oil sensors lift them out of the tanks, simulating low/no oil

Comment

The wires in the motor are for your tach wiring. They should go up to your tach. via a tach harness. When the oil tank on the motor is empty and you turn the key on (with sufficient oil in main tank) the alarm will sound and the oil will transfer for 90 sec and should fill the oil tank on the motor. If it doesn't there is a problem. The switch you held to fill it is an emergency override sw and does not test the transfer system.

Comment

I thought it was 180 seconds before it timed out, but you could be correct with the 90

Comment

Working...
        X