Fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter

Hey, i have a yamaha 130hp v4 2 stroke with this fuel filter (see pic)
    Just wondering if this is the stock one or some after market filter assembly? looks different to all the filters i see for sale or am i just being an idiot. thanks
    Attached Files

That's a fuel/water seperator type canister filter. Looks like it's time to unscrew it and replace with a new one from Yamaha dealer or a Racor dealer, depending on which it is.

Comment

thanks, how can i tell which one to replace it with? i cant make out any of the writing on the filter, will a stock yamaha filter fit?

Comment

You could just unbolt the entire unit from the transom and carry it to your Yamaha dealer for a possible visual match-up, OR you could buy an entire brand new unit from Walmart for $27(Atwood) and bolt it on. You might also check the Racor website to try the visual match-up, but they have quite a few different designs. If it was me, I'd find my way over to Walmart and go with the new unit.....You'll need 2 plugs and 2 barbs and a small tube of Teflon Pipe Compound(Ace Hardware).

Comment

thank you very much for your advice

Comment

i would go with the yamaha filter.the after market filter element inside the canister are paper, and can degrade when wet.the yamaha are made to with stand water.there is a big difference in the filter.

Comment

Working...
            X