SX200txrb 03 idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SX200txrb 03 idle problem

I have 200 that does not fire on 3 cyl. when you first crank it up after 2 to 3 mins. it will start hitting some but does not run smooth. above a idle seem to run okay have check charge coil voltage, does not seem right all the time sometimes one is 200 the other is 60 volts when not hitting check pulser coil looks okay about 12 volts on all wires I thinking maybe bad charge coil but not sure do-not see this as a separate item on parts list need help Thanks

Probably need to do loaded and unloaded test on charge coil when you start getting low readings.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

How do you know it is spark related and not fuel?

Comment

when motor cold I had all plugs out hook up and grounded 1,3,5 plugs had no fire other side did

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about unloaded I did this with motor running at a idle. also is a separate part ?

Comment

loaded is while running with everything hooked up
            unloaded is with charge coil wires disconnected but hooked to meter and just cranking over.
            Is there a high speed and low speed charge coil on that motor?

Comment

I have measure with meter and they were different I didn't write it down I will have to go back and check I am using a Yamaha service manual and it does not say that there is a low speed and high speed coil it says charge coil peak output voltage Red to Brown and Black/red to Blue cranking 85 to 110 and 1500 to 3500 rpm 150 volts

Comment

Measured charge coil unloaded Red to Brown was 51 volts and Bk/Rd to Blue was 176 volts my manual says should be 85 to 110 is there anything else I need to look, at my guess is charge coil bad still have not found out is this a separate part are built in with something else.

Comment

Working...
                X