X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual voltage gauges

Hello,
    2011 256CC Seafox w twin F150s:

I verified each engine charges one of 2 batteries when on pos. 1 of the battery switch. Then when combined batteries equalize (duh).
    These are the only 2 positions on my switch.

The Yamaha gauges that are on the boat (not Command Link) are standard...so the top gauge will only give me the battery reading of 1 battery.
    I want to see the voltage of each battery so I bought 2 volt gauges and installed them next to each engines tach. Works great for each engine.
    Now I haven't run both engines at the same time yet on the "combine" mode.
    I am wondering if there might be a "sneak circuit" back through the voltmeters which might damage an alternator if I run both engines while in the combine mode. The voltmeters have a ground lead, battery lead, 12V ign. lead and light lead. I obtained the 12V ign. source from behind the ignition key switches (yellow leads coming out of top) for port & starb. As per voltmeter instructions I installed a 1A inline fuse in the 12V ign sources.

Does anybody have dual voltmeters on a dual engine setup that knows if this will be ok in combine mode. I know it is seperate in pos. 1, I feel it will be ok but I just want to verify things.

Thanks
    Kirk

Voltmeters just read key on voltage(battery voltage) and are not connected directly to alternator output and wont affect charging system regardless what position battery switch is in.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks

Thanks that's what I thought ... they read independently when switch on pos. 1 (shows each battery voltage connected to each engine) and when batteries are combined both gauges read identical. Thanks again for the conformation. I would only run it on combine if I ran down the either of the batteries anyway then I would switch it back to position 1 after I got them started.
      Thanks
      Kirk

Comment

Working...
      X