200 HPDI Flywheel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI Flywheel removal

Anyone have any ideas or tips to get my flywheel to break loose from the crankshaft taper on a 2001 200 HPDI? I have removed everything, loosened the retaining nut and have a three point puller installed. I have a lot of pressure on the puller screw, but still cant get the flywheel to pop loose. I know on cars and trucks a good pop to the puller screw will most time pop the flywheel loose, but not sure the cranks are supported as good on an outboard and really dont want to risk damage to the PH. Any ideas?
    Thanks

have you tried a little heat while pressure on puller?

Comment

yep I did heat it a little, just not sure how much heat is to much as it relates to the wires underneath and magnets on the flywheel. I am going to go to a bigger puller, still a three point bolt pattern, maybe that will give me a little more leverage on the screw.

thanks and I will update if it works.

Comment

I'd snug that puller screw down good and tight, then put some heat right there where it's stuck with a propane torch, then slap that screw with a hammer, should break right loose. If that doesn't get it then heat it up, let it cool and heat it back up a few times and that "cycle" can help it come loose. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X