No announcement yet.

1999 225 Yamaha Flooded after hot soak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 225 Yamaha Flooded after hot soak.

Starts and runs good cold. Top end is good. 5900 RPM and idles ok after a run. Shut it off for 15 to 30 minutes and it will be loaded up. What I have found is that if you tilt the motor all the way up it helps this. Also if you pull the small hose off the bottom port of the air box there is fuel in that hose. If you start the motor with the air box off and then shut it off tilt the motor up then fuel will drip out of the throttle bores. I think that I have injectors that are leaking down.

You might check the float height on the float in the vapor separator tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that info Boats.net.If there was a problem with the float level wouldnt that also effect the way it runs at idle and at top end? Also if the float level was to high that fuel would show up in the vacuum hose that comes off the top of the vapor separator. Right?
      Heres what I checked today fuel pressure bleeds off from around 35psi to 18 psi in 30 minutes. Its not bleeding off through the pressure regulator because I pinched the return hose off. So the way it looks to me its bleeding off through the injectors. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Comment

hooken,
        I am not very familiar with the fuel injected Yamahas, so I am going to look stupid [img]tongue.gif[/img] here and tell you what I think.
        I believe the injectors have built-in check valves to prevent what you are experiencing. I also believe that there was an issue with some of the fuel injected models having a lot of problems with injector "leak-down", and the old style injectors had to be replaced with newer types.
        I would recommend that you go check another forum at www.maverickboats.com - it is a forum that is dedicated to the owners of Maverick/Hewes/Pathfinder boats, but others are welcome to visit and browse. Do a search on your particular symptom or model motor - I'm pretty sure I have seen something on your problem discussed there.
        Good luck, and let us know how you come out -
        Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing there Ken but thanks for the info

Comment

Dang, hooken, I couldn't find anything either - maybe it was on this forum - wish we had a search program on here - you might spend some time and go back thru the old posts to see what you can find.
            Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/c...search_forum=1

Comment

jb123 was that link supposed to take me anywhere but the search page that I had already been to?

Comment

I got it fixed. The center vacuum fuel pump was leaking fuel due to a torn diaphram.

Comment

Working...
                  X