F115TLR Plane Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115TLR Plane Bearings

Please can someone advise what the difference is between the colours of the Plane bearings.
    i.e PN# 67F-11416-10-00 Blue Bearing to PN# 67F-11416-00-00 Green Bearing.
    Please advise as soon as possible.

regards

James

the colors are for different size bearing shells to get the proper fit and clearance. You need the service manual which has the tables to find out which color bearings will provide the correct clearance with the crank.

Comment

You haven't provided year etc of your motor, but based on the part numbers and my shop manual the difference is in the thickness of the bearing. The blue bearing is designed to give 0.008mm less clearance than the green bearing. This is a very small difference. You can always assemble with plastigage to check that the clearance is within spec and use the blue bearing if OK. Suggest you download the Yamaha shop manual at modest cost and it gives the correct info on clearances etc. Main bearing clearance spec for 2001 thru 2003 Yamahas is .024 to .044 mm according to my shop manual.

Comment

Thank you for the information.
        The year of manufacture is 03 / 07 which is March, 2007. This is what I found stamped on the machine. This is one of the motors but I will also be purchasing a 2012 Engine this year and will need some spares for it. What plane bearings should I be stocking in order to be able to repair both the engines if something went?

Comment

You are welcome. Why would you want to stock plane bearings? They should normally not fail unless the engine has lots of hours on it and then who knows what might go wrong. Normally you can get parts reasonably quickly and with crankshaft bearings you need to dissassemble the motor and inspect and measure as may be necessary before ordering specific bearings for the job.

Comment

Point well made, however in Sierra Leone in the depths of the Jungle there is not a Yamaha dealer for 1000 miles and probably not one with the correct part for 2000-3000 miles at least. Having a motor out of action could cost a lot of money and lost time.
            Thank you for the information. I will work something out.

James

Comment

Working...
            X