Tank Fuel Pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Fuel Pump.

I have installed an f150 with an under floor tank. Is there any need to install a seperate Low pressure fuel pump to help lift the fuel to the engine or is the fitted engine fuel pumps sufficient to pull the fuel from the under floor tank.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards Martin Suffolk England.

No need for an extra fuel pump but you should have a water sep installed and after that a primer bulb in line. You will be able to prime the engine using the primer bulb. The motor will handle it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Finisher View Post
      No need for an extra fuel pump but you should have a water sep installed and after that a primer bulb in line. You will be able to prime the engine using the primer bulb. The motor will handle it from there.
      Can u explain why the primer bulb should be positioned after the water sep and not before ?

Comment

It will work either way, but I have my primer bulb mounted before my fuel/water separator, so when I dump or change my separator canister I can refill/prime it back with my primer bulb....works fine! Good Luck!

Comment

Thank you for the replys. Most useful.

Martin.

Comment

Yamaha recommends that the primer bulb be after the water sep. and the arrow should point up. Before the water sep. or arrow facing down the motor could lose prime. I know it works before but it is not the best.

Comment

Working...
            X