Help plz 85 yama trim and tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plz 85 yama trim and tilt

Hi all,Plz help me my trim and tilt was working fine,but the one oil pipe stripped out ,that was fixed properly but now i can;t seem to get the air out.The engine trims up perfectly but when going down it only goes down up to the two middle cylinders,if u keep the trim button in the two middle cylinder goes down but the big middle one stay stuck.If the two outside cylinders are down all the way and u press the tilt button the moter falls down up to the two cyliders's shafts.Iff tried everything i know plz help
    Regards
    Juan

Raise it up all the way, fill with fluid, loosen the manual realse screw on trim unit and let motor go all the way down on it's own, raise motor back up all the way by hand(don't use trim motor to tilt up), refill with oil and repeat a couple of times to get all the air out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply,should the two smal cylinders stay down if u pick it up with the hand?or should there shafts come out if u push it up?If done this a couple of times,my two shafts stay inside the cylinders,How many times does this normally take ?iff done it about 15 times.Could it be sucking air in somewhere?
      Regards
      Juan

Comment

They will probably stay down.
        Make sure the filler cap is open.
        Fill with the correct hydraulic fluid.
        Let the motor drop all the way down.
        Slowly lift up motor till all the way up.
        Leave there for e few minutes then refill with fluid.
        Let it drop down again then lift up again top up fluid .
        Tighten filler cap then should trim down with ease.
        Good luck
        If that doesnt work then chances are you are sucking air but even then it should still work but just slowly.

Comment

Thanks i'll try

Comment

Still doing exactly the same

Comment

Are you sure that you fixed the oil pipe properly?
              What caused it to break?

Comment

HI Yes there's not even a drop of oil comeing out anywhere,so if no oil is comeing out there shouldn't be air sucking in right?

Comment

Hi sorry cant help you
                  Probably a good thing to take it to a good mechanic.
                  Maybe when the pipe broke a piece broke off and blocked the oil flow.
                  Let me know when you sort it out

Comment

Working...
                  X