Gas Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Smell

*****ed for about 4 hours last saturday. When I got back in I went up to the house and came back down on the boat about 1 1/2 hours later. While putting rods away I got a huge whiff of gas. Finally tracked it to the engine cover. The engine is a 2010 150 4 stroke , when pulled cover another huge whiff. Looked all around engine and could not see a leak and at this point no definate smell at all. The next day I ask a buddy to come take a look , when we pulled cover , had definate gas smell again. After a few minutes it dissapeared again. Went over the whole engine again and could not see or smell where it is coming from. Someone else said that if there is the wrong prop on the boat , it could be causing the gas to get into the oil. Checked oil and it is clean and no smell of gas. Also ran boat without cover in slip under load and did not see a leak anywhere. The dealer did not deliver the engine with a stainless prop. I have a 17" aluminum on it and the boat runs great. Anyone else had this experience. I plan to call Yamaha tomorrow and ask about this before pulling the boat , but definately do not want to go out again until I know where the smell is coming from. Tight Lines / Freebird Sportfishing

You should have the dealer check it as soon as possible. The rpm range for that engine is 5000-6000 rpm's at full throttle, if it's running within that range prop pitch is ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X