Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a carb for a 2005 F8

Hey all,

I finally threw in the towel on the carb when the easy out broke on one of the jets. It's toast and now I need a new one. I would consider a used one, are there any sources? I've checked eBay (just kits there) and there's a couple parts houses that I can call but thought I would try here. I would consider used if somone could guarantee me that the carb could be disassembled, properly. Otherwise, cheapest I found a new one is for about $320, ouch!

Model # is a F8MSHD

Thanks,
    BB

Buy one used and take the chance on getting one like you already have or buy new one from this site. Just click on the purchase Yamaha parts at the top of the page

Comment

Thanks, I guess I did everything but actually try that link but it ended up where I have been otherwise looking for new parts via searches. I'll "swallow" if I have too. If I were to buy one used I would ask the seller to guarantee that the jets could be removed (preferably ship it disassembled). Is this a common issue with these carbs (jets getting stuck and not able to be removed)?

Thanks,
      BB

Comment

I may be able to help you find a new or use carbs. I have a lot of resource and contacts. I dont charge any thing. Alls i need is make modle # and the serial # too. Wich jet did you break?
        Ijust started working on boats doing small outboard repairs and detailing to.
        Let know if you would like some help?

Comment

Working...
        X