Yamaha 9.9 no full throtle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 9.9 no full throtle

Hello everyone. I Have a Yamnaha F9.9 SH- 1987 4 stroke that i have rebuilt the carb and am having an issue with. Now this issue was present even before rebuild so iam assumming the issue is something else. Starts first pull -Idle comes up high till it warms up. Then it comes down to idle great and idle perfectly. Put it in gear and its fine. Throtle up but i cant get full throtle seems as its holding back. doesn`t stall out or anything just wont ramp up to full throtle. I checked the plugs replaced them. Linkages are got cable from tiller is good. could someone maybe kick in and give me some advice as to probable causes. OHH also how do you check and adjust timming on these motors. Thanks in advance

Run a compression test to see if low, check spark at spark plugs, read the spark plugs to see if running too rich or too lean.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

How did you rebiuld the carbs? You might need adjust the carbs in the water or you might need to run seafoam, so you can clean out engine. Did you change the fuel filter and check to see if the gas lines are free of debris and kinks.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        Run a compression test to see if low, check spark at spark plugs, read the spark plugs to see if running too rich or too lean.
        Running rich at WOT I have removed the front carb air inlet tube to see the butterfly operation and misted gas is really flowing in there and creating a rich mix that will bog down the engine, At idle or abouve idle you can ***** all day. Only mixture screw is the small one on top you adjust for idle. Dont see a high speed adjusting screw. Compression is equal on both cylinders. Spark is strong, on both plugs. Any other suggestions. could the carb be plugged in the welch plug area`s. Also there are a few brass shot pins in there. May they be Pluged? went over the carb twice and used a new carb kit.

Comment

If carb is flooding then still have a problem in carb and needs to be removed and repaired, there is no high speed adjustments.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            If carb is flooding then still have a problem in carb and needs to be removed and repaired, there is no high speed adjustments.
            Ok removed the carb Today again and installed that o-ring 6 and plug 7 as per in the diagram. Motor runs like new now. Someone may have messed with this carb at one time. fuel was dumpping into the main jet causing that over rich mixture.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X