200hp yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hp yamaha

Ive got a 1998 200hp outboard and it stalls out when coming in to dock , it will start again but stalls after a couple of seconds . It runs great from cold start but struggles to start and idle once its warmed up , any ideas ?

clean /rebuild carbs
    linc/sync carbs
    replace plugs
    replace all filters
    repost results

Comment

200 hp stalling

Thanks Ive done all of the above .

Comment

then post that along with any other maint you may have done, that does help

Comment

200 hp stalling

I found the bottom carbs were staying open at idle so I reset them andwill see how it runs now

Comment

Do you have a water separator. If so change it if you do. It sounds like the gas is failing when you are running. You all so could have a loose hose too.
            Make shure that all of gas line are tight. All so do you have a primmer ball the valve in the do go bad so you do need to change them out.

Comment

so you cleaned/rebuilt carbs
              lincd/syncd
              and then afterwards found bottom carbs werent opening ??? didnt hook up linkage ??

Comment

200hp yamaha

I found the bottom carbs butterfly wasnt closing in the idle position . Im cleaning the carbs and found the float levels werent even so gonna reset them and see what it does .

Comment

Working...
                X