2001 0x66- any advice appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 0x66- any advice appreciated

2001 250 SXTURZ EFI ox66 SS-rebuilt powerhead, installed everything, but having an electrical issue. I did tag and picture evrything but somehow after 15 hours going over everything according to the manual wiring diagrams, Im stuck. In 15 hours or so the only progress I made has been losing my multimeter and some sockets overboard,lol.

Motor will crank and will get spark. I have power going to the main relay, but nothing coming out. Have replaced that switch 2x to rule it out, once with a used and one new. I can jump the HP pump with 12v to the r/y BUT it will only run if I also ground the blue to the block. I know there are always 12v supplied to the system and the ECU controls the ground. So Im not getting that blue ground back to the ECU. I believe the red/yellow also supplies some power to the ECU and powers the remote oil pump, which if I jump with a hot wire, doesnt turn on-will try the same with grounding the black.
    There are 2 additional wires coming out of that relay-Black and yellow. Obviously the black controls the ground but not sure how the yellow factors in. Am I missing that black ground somewhere down the line? Shouldnt I be able to also jump that black ground and get things activated?
    The key switch is couple months old, I check the nuetral safety switch, went through 2 times and triple checked all connections, 10 pin, fuse, etc. Could I have missed a ground that was supposed to go to the battery instead of the block?Could my ECU be bad, was running fine before the rebuild. Could the HP resistor be bad, causing the bad ground? Will check that as well. Did try jumping it but no luck.
    I mean everything is set up so a 3rd grader can match everything back, so hard to say. Guess I need to go back to elementry school.

Any input needed and appreciated.

The yellow wire is key on power, should have 12 volts when key is in on position.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

measure amp draw @ hp pump, if its over 5 it can remove ground @ ecu
      clean/replace hp filter
      clean pres reg filter

Comment

Thanks guys. Wasnt getting continuity between yellow at the switch and the ECU, unwrapped the tape off that wire harness and found the connection that joins all four yellows together completely dissolved. Cut, spliced and all systems a go. Great site, order all my parts from boats.net and everytime I post, the probelm gets solved one way or another.

Comment

Working...
        X