z 150 hpdi problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z 150 hpdi problems

Hey guys. New to the fourm. Need help with engine problem. Z150 started smoking severely. I have 2 cycle oil covering the bottom of the engine coming out the foot. THe primary pump in the tank was still running after the engine shut down. Any info or troubleshooting techniques are greatly appreciated.

i have a 200 hpdi when my motor smoked it was the low presure fuel pumps

Comment

"The primary pump in the tank was still running after the engine shut down"
      Are you speaking of the oil transfer pump in the remote oil tank?

If so, do some searching on the forum on the oil system. There is lots of info on how it works and trouble shooting

Comment

yes , The large oil tank , it was running , even after the motor shut down and i had oil over flowing in the bottom .

Comment

pump still running ....with key ON ?? or off.....

Comment

motor still not working right !

Yes, the remote pump for the oil was running with the key off , small tank was over full . It has had two oil float switches put on it in the last two weeks. Only thing I can come up with is it has a short in it . It will run fine starting out and after 2 hours or so engine gets bogged with oil .. .... anybody have ideas on what to check ....????

Comment

I do not think there should be any power to it when key is in off position.
              do some searching on oil transfer, there should be some good info to read up on already posted on troubleshooting that system

Comment

Working...
              X