Now What????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now What????

Well, I'm back on the water finally! Lightning strike in June had my head spinning. After replacing 1 ECU, the entire ignition system and both tacs. Grady is running fine however, the engine temp. & oil pressure warning symbols on ttbd tach are bilnking all the time engine is running. Oil level is on the mark and she is spewing full stream from the "pee hole". Any ideas?

what is your question

lightning strike holly crap

Comment

It would help if you would post some motor and tach info as no one knows what you have.

Is the problem on the motor that you replaced the ECU on or the other one?
      I would think the info comes from the ECU to the tach but I am not real sure.
      could be sensors bad going to ECU also

Comment

If these are the Yamaha multifunction digital tach then may not have dip switches set correctly for your motor.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

99yam40

Hey 99yam40, I have 2005 Yamaha F250/LF250s and the tacs are 6Y5 yamaha digitals. The port engine has the new ECU, problem is on stbd. tac.

Comment

Here is tach settings, set for 4 stroke engines, 2 wire trim sender and 12 pole alternator.
            Tach Settings.JPG
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tacs not reading

Thanks Boats.net, now have new tacs (6Y5-8350T-82-00) and they are working... however the stbd tac is showing blinking temp/oil symbols so I will check dip switches today.
              It's getting better!

Comment

Yep had a lightning strike on my 26' Grady 8/7 with me and the wife on the boat. My insurance company totalled the boat. Did you have insurance. Yam tech said my engines will never be right.
                1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
                1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
                X