2002 40hp non start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 40hp non start

Hi there i have a 2002 40hp veto, non start,no spark i am in the motor trade and have checked all fuses,earths etc.

i have 3 switching signals coming into the cdi a power and an earth but no switching out to the coils .

Does anyone have a wiring/workshop manual so i can narrow this fault down as i want to be 100% before biting the bullet and buying a new cdi unit.

eg with resistances for the coolant temp sensor/and knock sensor if that what it is,background is the engine has only done 25hrs from new and has been sat in dry storage for the last 5 years without being started !.

any help appreciated.

That model number is not offered here in the US and we don't have any information on it, not sure if it would be same as any of the US models.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Not sure if you are located in the big pool or the little kid wading one, but check with your local Yamaha dealer to find out what Service manual would be the correct one and then punch that number into your web search to see what all comes up if you do not want to purchase it from them

Comment

Well after trawling endless pdf manuals i finally got to the bottom of it although it was staring me right in the face from the start,the 703 control box had been configered incorectly inside,so that the white wire to the cdi unit was constantly earthed with the lanyard in or out what a nightmare.
        lesson learnt (again) shallow end to deep end is it ? lol.

Carbs cleaned fresh petrol first turn blisss.

btw engine was is a 40y
        Last edited by Alwischy; 09-13-2011, 03:25 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
        X