Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Installation Question(s)

Hi All,
    I have a Yamaha 200 HPDI engine that I am installing Command Link Gauges in. I bought the Command Link 2 Gauge Square Kit (10-6Y8-WE83S-10-00) from Boats.net - great price! Thanks!.
    I am having a problem decipering the installation/rigging instructions for the engine wiring portion. On Page 18 of the installation guide, it says to, "Remove the tape and blind plugs, and then connect the pink lead coupler."
    So, I first find the two pink leads on the side of the engine, they are taped together; both are female leads and both are already plugged...there is nothing visible to connect either of them to--and certainly not to each other...Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Second, it took some digging around under the motor, but the only (white) P4plug that I could find (that the pigtail bus wire would connect to) had only two of the 4 wire positions wired...the pigtail has four wires in it...Am I using the right pigtail (with 4 wires)...it is the 12ft pigtail, part number: 6Y8-82521-51-00 to connect to the motor?
    Thanks in advance for the advice.

John

The pink leads are for the trim gauge, if already connected then nothing more is required.
    The white connector will only have two wires in it on that motor. The 12ft pigtail in kit does connect to that connector on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the response

I wouldn't call the two pink wires connected...Both connectors on the ends of the wires are identical (female type single conductor plugs). They were taped to the main wiring harness just as the instruction said. However, it is impossible (as best I can tell) to connect the two together (as they are both female plugs). If they are supposed to be like that (with the plugs installed), then I'm good...if I am supposed to do something with those two wires, I could sure use some more detail.
      Thanks again!
      John

Comment

I just found the problem

I am sure that it is a rare thing...BUT, when they built my engine, they installed 2 FEMALE connectors instead of a Male and Female Trim Gauge connection...got to go up to Yamaha and see if they can help me out!

Comment

Don't recall seeing one with two female connectors, need to either change one of connectors or make a male jumper lead.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X