Trim & Tilt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim & Tilt problem

I have a 2006 90 hp 4 stroke the trim has quit working battery shows charged and motor starts fine. you can here the trim motor click but not run. where do I look? I played with all the connections I could find under the consul that come out of the control handle. With no luck but a few minutes later when I tried the switch the motor came up but now won't go back down.

the relay clicks, the motor turns, need to see if motor works
    have you checked fluid ?

Comment

Trim & Tilt

Not yet is that a seprate reservoir from the steering? My Dealer was little help and the book not much better

Comment

Originally posted by JSDarby1 View Post
        I have a 2006 90 hp 4 stroke the trim has quit working battery shows charged and motor starts fine. you can here the trim motor click but not run. where do I look? I played with all the connections I could find under the consul that come out of the control handle. With no luck but a few minutes later when I tried the switch the motor came up but now won't go back down.
        I feel your pain...I have a 2005 90 4 stroke, same thing happened to me last week. Unfortunately, its the motor for the tilt. I'm replacing mine to the tune of about $800.00. You do have an manual overide screw that will allow you to manually lift and lower the motor. (i found out, mine had ceased, so I was really screwed, as i had to trailer my boat 3 hours to get home).
        I haven't got my boat back yet, having a mechanic do the job as i'm not to gifted with tools. but it seems like a simple job and you can probably get a new motor for around $300 - 400.

good luck

Comment

serious $800 and you think that is what is wrong lol

Things like this just do not break that easily. I bet a $20 relay is your problem

Comment

Working...
          X