Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Yamaha 200 low voltage alarm

Hi Rodbolt,

I have read many of your posts with great interest. I hope you may give me some guidance.

I have a 1990 Yamaha 200 ETXD. The symptoms are......remote oil pump will not run, all 3 oil lights on with the horn on steady, and the tachometer will only show zero when engine running.

I have determined all my oil system components are functional as per ohms meter.(senders are good, oil pump runs when hooked to 12 volts, trim sender switch is good)

I believe the problem is low voltage. I show 8.6 volts at the remote oil pumps brown wire. I also show 8.6 volts at the yellow to brown wire coming out of the con*****er. Can you tell me why I would have a low voltage at these points? I have strong batteries with 12.9 volts at the stater relay. Does the voltage regulator come into play at all?

unhook batt leads and test voltage there, make sure you have an output of 13+

Comment

Thanks jb123,

I have 12.9 volts at the battery posts. What other tests can I carry out to determine the cause? I have the service manual but Yamaha makes no reference to the low voltage problem

Comment

measure the cable output while running

Comment

Which cable do you refer to? Am I measuring battery terminals for rectifier/regulator output, or the brown remote oil pump power wire?

Comment

Any Ideas??

Comment

Rodbolt has not posted for a while and I do not know why, but you may need to read through his posts on the oil system on a motor like yours to see what you can find.

Seems like I remember seeing something about oil pump not shutting off if voltage dropped too low.

Maybe best to trace backward to see where it is dropping the voltage at

Comment

Thank You. I will do that.

Comment

Working...
                X